Central Workshop was set up in Bailadila sector in 1994 with the objective of carrying
out the following activities:
- Capital repairs to mining equipment such as dumpers, dozers, motor graders, shovels,
- Overhauling of equipment assembly such as engine, transmission, fuel pumps etc.,
including calibrated injectors and fuel pumps.
- Reconditioning of track chain assemblies
- Reconditioning of belt conveyor pulleys
- Rewinding of LT & HT motors and repair/overhaul of all types of motors.
Central Workshop is manned by trained and skilled workers. In addition to the catering
to the NMDC projects’ requirement, spare capacity exists to undertake the above
jobs from outside agencies.